The Industrial Policy Resolution (IPR) 2015 was announced in August, 2015 and Tourism was declared as a priority industry. The State Government have published Odisha Tourism Policy, 2016.
The Key Objectives
- To promote sustainable and green tourism with a view to create employment opportunities and to bring about socio-economic benefits to the community.
- To preserve, enrich and promote Odisha’s unique cultural heritage, natural resources and environment with a view to achieve inclusive development; addressing the regulatory and tourism promotion/ development functions in Private Public Partnership (PPP) mode at all levels in an effective and well-coordinated manner.
- To promote Odisha as one stop destination to experience its great history, culture, society and natural beauty so as to boost foreign and domestic tourist arrival in the State.
- To promote circuit tourism in association with other State of Eastern Zone of the country to facilitate easy arrival and movement of the tourist.
- To upgrade skill and professionalism and promote employment opportunities in tourism sector.
- To promote digital tourism.
- To promote responsible tourism and developed tourism product in an environment friendly manner.
- To promote barrier-free tourism.
- To promote (1) Beach Tourism, (2) Eco Tourism, (3) Buddhist Tourism, (4) Heritage Tourism, (5) Religious Tourism, (6) Knowledge Tourism, (7) Medical Tourism, (8) Travel Tourism, (9) Caravan Tourism, (10) Wellness Tourism, (11) Cruise Tourism, (12) Sand Art Tourism, and (13) Adventure Tourism in a mission mode
Ease of Doing Business:
- Single Window Clearance for time bound clearances of all applications
- A three-tier single window clearance mechanism to facilitate speedy implementation of industrial projects is in place
Infrastructure & Development:
|Land and Property banks||
|Special Tourism Zones||
Human Resource Building / Capacity Building
- Setting up new Hotel Hospitality and Hotel Management Institutes/Universities through Private Participation
- Encouragement to Tourism, Hospitality and Travel Management related courses in the private sector
- Short term courses relating to capacity building for hospitability industries
This policy will be co-terminus with the IPR 2015
|Capital Investment Subsidy||Rs. 20 lakh – 50 Crore||20%||Rs. 10 Crore|
|Rs. 50 Crore & above||20%||Rs. 15 Crore|
|Tented accommodation with minimum Rs. 0.20 Crore||30%||Rs. 0.15 Crore|
|Equipment worth Rs. 1 Crore or more for Adventure & Water sports||20%||Rs. 0.50 Crore|
|Additional 5% for:
|Stamp Duty exemption||
|Land conversion charges||
|Reimbursement of VAT||
|Reimbursement of Entertainment Tax||
|Reimbursement of Entry Tax||
|Employment Cost Subsidy||
|Environmental protection infrastructure subsidy||
|Participation in overseas Tourism Events||
|Film Shooting subsidy||
Please follow the below link to view the complete New Tourism Policy 2016 Document;