The coal gasification revival project of Talcher Fertilizers Ltd (TFL) at Talcher has been put on fast track and is likely to commission by 2022.
The Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas & Skill Development Mr Dharmendra Pradhan reviewed the project. The project, first of its kind in the country will have a capacity of 1.27 million tpa urea production. The estimated cost of the project is Rs 11,600 crore. The environment clearance is on place and the coal gasification technology has been finalised. While bid evaluation for the coal gasification unit is underway, tenders for the ammonia and urea unit has been floated.
Talcher Fertilizers Ltd (TFL) is a joint venture between GAIL, Coal India Ltd (CIL), Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers Ltd (RCF) and Fertilizer Corporation of India Ltd (FCIL).
- Project recommended for Environment Clearance by EAC on 13.10.17
- Power Price Parity for Bridge Linkage Coal approved
- Letter dt. 25.10.17 written to MoC for further reduction in Bridge Linkage Coal price (20%) as recommended by CEO – NITI Aayog
- 500 mts. plant boundary wall repaired out of 6.5 km
- Urea/Ammonia tender floated on 09.10.2017 / 08.01.2018
- Site grading tender (Rs. 82 cr.) opened on 27.10.2017 / 15.12.2017
- Firm allotment of 50% North Arkhapal received on 27.09.2017
- TFL Board has approved mine development activities by CMPDI upto DFR
- DFR approved by TFL Board on 27.10.2017
- DFR sent to JV partners for approval including DoF
- Site topography completed
- TFL office functional at Talcher site
- Coal Gasification LSTK Tender floated on 18.05.17/10.01.18
- MoU with IOC for Pet-coke signed on 10.08.17
- Pre PIB meeting held with DoF on 11.09.17
- Strategy for coal gasification absorption and expansion submitted to NITI Aayog on 02.08.2017 and discussed on 06.10.2017
- PDIL has been appointed as consultant for the project