Machine tool park to come up at Kalinga Nagar

Machine-Tool-Park-Kalinga-Nagar-Complex

The Odisha government is planning to establish a dedicated machine tool park in the Kalinga Nagar Industrial Complex, Jajpur district.

The proposed park will be spread over 100 acres of land. A detailed proposal in this regard was submitted to the Union Heavy Industrial and Public Enterprises Ministry last month. As per the report, the park is expected to have 58-odd units and will require an investment of around Rs 280 crore towards infrastructure. Of the total investment around 80 per cent (Rs 224 Crore) will funded by the Centre as grant, while the remaining 20 per cent (Rs 56 crore) and the required land will be fulfilled by the State. The state government is already identified land for the project and it awaits statutory clearances from the Ministry.

Meanwhile, it is expected that, another Rs 500 crore investment will be made by the units set up shops there. And the project will generate employment for 1,500 person.